Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Blogiversary, Part Deux!

And since Mame has been NAGGING ME NON-STOP FOR DAYS:

Best Celebrity/Law Interaction:
O.J. Simpson fighting the Law and OMG! The Law is winning!. Oh, I've been waiting for this since, what? 1995? To paraphrase Patton Oswalt, you could pour my satisfaction/delight over this turn of events over pancakes, so rich and thick is it. Mmmm. Lovely.

Best Trainwreck:
I do have to agree with Mame on Amy Winehouse. But. I speak from the perspective of LOVING HER ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY. Her album Back to Black is the best I've heard in years. She's covered in tattoos! She wears a beehive! She apparently snorts cocaine off of hooker's asses! Or something! She fabulously talented and TOTALLY INSANE!

Best Made-For-TV Movie of 2007:
Battlestar Galactica: Razor. I MISS THIS SHOW. The last new episode of BSG was in MARCH. MARCH, PEOPLE. And season 4 doesn't start until APRIL OF 2008. So, they toss us this movie to tide us over. GOOD. Because, seriously? I have a really short attention span. If you keep me waiting too long, I WON'T CARE ANY MORE. So, this was good. Quite SHOCKING. Very dramatic. And since I watched it on dvd, VERY bloody and since when you can say the word "cocksucker" on basic cable? I'm guessing that wasn't in the broadcast. Heh. I'm not sure if I was supposed to, but I loved Kendra Shaw. She and Admiral Cain represent everything terrible/awesome to me about the military and also human nature. LOVE. Also, I think Admiral Adama is the final Cylon.

Best Happy/Sad Moment From A Television Show:
Best Happy Moment:
I am incapable of picking just one. So, I won't. NEENER.
  1. Friday Night Lights: The Panthers win State! The Coach and Mrs. Coach are having a baby! Matt and Julie are adorable!
  2. Doctor Who: The Doctor and Rose's reunion in "The Satan Pit." They each thought the other was dead! They weren't dead! "Is there a Rose Tyler on board?" "YES! I'M HERE!" And then there's HUGE smiles, running and jumping and hugging. SO CUTE. (Technically aired in 2006. Don't care!)
  3. The Office: JIM AND PAM ARE DATING. AND IT'S "GOING REALLY WELL!" And how much did I love Kevin's talking head moment where he's all "Come ON. They're totally together!"
  4. Supernatural: Um. There are no happy moments on Supernatural. That's why I like it. Hee.
Best Sad Moment:
Again, I do not have only one. I collect sad moments like some people collect stamps or antique post cards.
  1. Supernatural: OH SO MANY. John dying. Dean's grief and guilt over his father's death culminating in him BEATING THE SHIT out of his car. Sam's helplessness in the face of Dean's grief. Sam making Dean promise that he would kill him if he ever turned evil. Sammy shooting his werewolf girlfriend in the head. Dean being sad about it. "What is and What Never Should Be," the whole episode. No, really. Sam dying. Dean's speech over Sammy's giant, dead body. Dean selling his soul to bring back Sam. Bobby yelling at Dean for selling his soul. SIGH. I LOVE THIS SHOW!
  2. Doctor Who: OH MY GOD. "Doomsday." The scene on the beach. I'm not going to describe it any further because...because...it's TOO sad, you guys! Shut up. (Also, this technically aired in 2006. Don't care. It always will win "Saddest Thing Ever EVER.)
  3. Battlestar Galactica: the crushing misery of life on New Caprica under Cylon occupation. Starbuck's "death." Anytime Roslin betrays Adama.
Most Cringe-Worthy Moment from The Office:
Michael with the telemarketing job. Ugh, I hate Michael Scott.

Best Celebrity Hair:
Mame stole mine, that whore. So, I'll have to go with Kate Walsh on Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice. I kicked my Grey's habit cold-turkey and I don't watch Private Practice, but damn that girl has some good hair.

Best Pop Song You Secretly Love:
I think we've covered this. I'm still ashamed. AS I SHOULD BE.

TV Show We Hate That People Won't Shut the Fuck UP About:
Mame, I totally hear you on Jericho. I tried to watch that show and couldn't even hang in for two episodes. People! I love post-apocalyptic fiction! If you can't make ME love it, you are doing something very, very wrong. I actually have a conspiracy theory that it was never REALLY cancelled. Like, the entire thing was a ratings stunt. What, like the networks really CARE what the fans think? Whatever. Like they could really get the whole cast back after they were released from their contracts? Like the cast wouldn't be doing other projects? They could all just come RUNNING back? Whatever. Heh, apparently I have strong feelings about this. I also loathe any reality show that isn't on the Food Network or BBC America, if you're going to count Good Eats and Top Gear as reality shows. Ugh.

Celebrity Couple We Could Care Less About:
I also hear you on Zac Efron and Vanessa Whatever-her-name-is. I also don't care about Nicole Richie and whoever that asshole who knocked her up is. Except my horror that she is reproducing.

Best Books We've Read in 2007:
It's a toss-up between Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows and Melusine. I mean, the last Harry Potter books is the end of an era. The end of YEARS of reading and imagining and WAITING. And it was totally great. I loved the book and the whole experience. But, I adored Melusine. I loved it for its odd twist on fantasy, its weird blend of languages and cultures and um, its dirtiness. I was reading it at work on lunch one day, turning BRIGHT RED and hoping no one was looking over my shoulder. And it's a whole series! So, just as I was finished with one long fantasy series, I had a new one to start! So, both are the best!

Worst Book:
Ooh, this is tough, only because if I don't like a book, I don't finish it. I've read books that disappointed me. But none were really BAD. So, skip it. Heh.

Best Website:
Hands down, Wikipedia. I know it's not the most reliable, but I use probably get the most practical use out of it than any other site. And it's hours on entertainment.

Funniest Thing of the Year:
My continued hope that Nicole Kidman will write a tell-all novel. PLEASE.

Best "Shoot-Yourself-In-The-Foot" Award:
Ugh, everything the Republicans do ever. It just makes me tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, c'mon, the worst book you read this year was TOTALLY "The Golden Compass." Much like "Doomsday," it should win that award EVERY YEAR. (And I think it's not cheating to give the award to DD, even though it aired in 2006, because you watched it in 2007 and IT WAS STILL THE SADDEST THING IN SEVERAL UNIVERSES. *sob*)

Two of Hearts said...

Dude, I don't watch enough TV to comment on all of these, but I will contribute this much:
Best Celebrity/Law Interaction: Mickey Rourke getting pulled over for DUI in Miami... on a SCOOTER.
Best Books We've Read in 2007:
Harry Potter is so obvious. I feel compelled to also mention The Road by Cormac McArthy, which f'ed me up for days.
Worst Book: Smilla's Sense of Snow. One of those books I never got around to reading, and now that I've read it I know why.
Best Website: perezhilton.com And I know I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm so not.
Funniest Thing of the Year: the claymation YMCA spoof about Larry Craig. Find it if you can, it was pulled off youtube but it's still out there!

Auntie Mame said...

*sigh*
I wish I knew how to quit you.

Two of Hearts said...

You know you love me more than the mother you had put away!