Monday, July 23, 2007

Ok, It's Time for Some Honesty About Shameful Truths Up In Here...

Tell me, you guys, tell me the truth...is anyone else totally obsessed with Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" video? Be honest, because I'm as embarrassed as you. 'Cause Fergie...ew. But come on, Peter Petrelli from Heroes, in all his stubby-ponytailed, goateed, wiry-muscled, dirty, overly- tattooed, possibly-a-drug-dealer hotness? DAMN. And the song is catchy as hell too, in that earworm kind of way, as the people at the drive-through of my bank learned the other day. They were treated to that and my rendition of "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore," while I waited for them to deposit a check. I'm sure they were very...entertained. What they don't know is that Mame was on my headset, providing harmony. We're totally like the Carpenters, except we aren't brother and sister. Or anorexic. Or dead. Ok, we're not like the Carpenters at all. Shut up.

Also, creators of Heroes? Please to be making Peter Petrelli more tattooed, goateed and bad-assed. This is why we all found him so hot when he was Future!Peter and all scarred and embittered and shit. Emo-bangs-sporting, whiny Peter isn't nearly as hot. Then when I need a fix, I can just watch something I'm not totally embarrassed about, as opposed to having to watch a Pea. Thanks!

P.S. Also Heroes writers, please bring back Claude. And don't try to tell me that you already did and I just can't tell because he's invisible. I'm not falling for THAT one again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, that "possibly a drug dealer hotness" reminds me of that Alicia Keyes video where she was dating the drug dealer, right? I think that's what she was doing...There was something about cash...They broke up...Or something...I'm babbling.

Bea said...

No, but I'll have to check it out! Because apparently, when it comes to fiction, "possibly a drug dealer" is totally hot to me. Not so much in real life, luckily...

Anonymous said...

Because I apparently have nothing better to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfyfQ7ojvXE

I just re-watched it, and I guess he's not a drug dealer, he was framed? Or something? I should not be this flummoxed by an Alicia Keys video.

Auntie Mame said...

We are so like the Carpenters!! See, I've got that wavy hair thing going like Karen and you have $3,000 smile like Richard. Also, we're media whores, as they were. Well, I think he still is, but still.