Monday, May 5, 2008

National Scrapbook Day...or why my weekend wasn't wasted (for the first time)

I sit at work today as my students are watching the Baz Luhrmann version of Romeo and Juliet, so I don't have much to do. Let me update you on my weekend:
  • Friday was a Ladies' Night at the Scrapbook Room. Have I ever talked about what a scrapbook/altered art whore I am? Because I am. Part of it would be the fact that I have a very photogenic little man and his adorable pictures need to be preserved. That blossomed into taking classes to learn about different techniques to make my scrapbooks look nicer, and then I developed a love for this stuff called "altered art." Basically it's taking scrapbook techniques and applying them to furniture, books, luggage, etc. Wow, I sound like a nerd. Oh well, if you haven't guess by now... Anyway, I love Friday night scraps; there are a lot of other teachers that attend and we laugh and have a great time. It's every other Friday and I look forward to these nights like a holiday. The owner of the store is this hilarious New Yorker who I call "Mom." We have the weirdest things in common, like mannerisms and such. Because she's from up north we have a lot of the same frustrations regarding the culture here. Check out her store here (PS...her prices are LOWER than anywhere else - even eBay, I've checked!)
  • Saturday was National Scrapbook day. Beau took Glow Bug for the day and I got to sit and scrapbook ALL DAY LONG. It was so much fun. Mom had a different sale every hour. Did I spend way too much money? Probably. Did I only get a few things done because I was laughing and goofing around? Yes. Do I care? No.
  • The "George Bush Relief Check" came in. This makes up for the money I spent at the scrapbook store. I think it's funny that our President is giving us money to make up for the millions, check that billions, he's wasted on this war. Wait, let me get off my soapbox.
  • Sunday Beau cleaned off our back deck and we had a cookout. Agnes came over and we had hotdogs and the fixins, then played cards. Glow Bug LOVES to play cards. We deal him in and he sits back and plays basically a memory type game to himself while we play a hand. It's so cute to watch. We took so many pictures of absolutely nothing. I can't wait to scrapbook them.
  • I finally watched Knocked Up. I know, I'm a year behind. That movie was so cute. I cracked up and then sobbed a lot at the end. That song that plays during the credits, "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright III made me sob - and I have a boy! I hate those Wainwrights. The song, "Hallelujah" that he sang makes me cry every time. Jerks.

This is a boring blog. I know. But I'm bored today, so what are you gonna do? You're gonna read it and complain about it in a comment. And I'm gonna laugh. So who wins?

No comments: