Sunday, July 6, 2008

So...How've You Guys Been?

Ok, so, we haven't posted in a couple of weeks. Sorry about that, for the four of you who care. We've been BUSY, OK. And seriously, pop culture-wise? This summer's been BORING. So, here's a brief update of what's been going on in Bea-and-Mame-ville...

  • I had been visiting Sid and Andie, since Andie'd been having pregnancy complications. If you are so inclined, please keep good thoughts for Andie and little as-yet-un-pseudonymed-baby boy.
  • Mame, Beau and Glowbug are moving, so she's been ripping her house apart, threatening people and tearing her hair out. No really, it's fine. She had too much hair anyway.
  • I've seen The Incredible Hulk and the Sex and the City movie. The former was AWESOME and the latter was fine. (But that naked guy that you've probably heard about? Totally worth the ticket price. Heheheh.)
  • I'm watching Numb3rs from Netflix. (You have no idea how it pains me to spell it like that. Ugh. Fuck it. I'm spelling it correctly from now on.) I may have a teensy obsession with the math geek brother. WHO KNEW THAT THE KID FROM ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES WOULD GROW UP HOT?!? WHO?!? No, really. It's a very fun show.
  • Also? I watched The Mist, which is an adaptation of a Stephen King novella. I'd liked the novella, DID NOT LIKE THE MOVIE. But hey. Don't listen to me. If you want to watch a movie that's really boring, has stupid special effects and then has an ending that made me yelp, "Oh, FUCK YOU!" then by all means. Watch it. JUST DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU. Mame, warn Beau. You know he'll try to watch it. Ugh.
  • My reading of the Avonlea series is going...slowly. Mame's reading of the Little House series is going...less slowly. She's actually kicking ass with it. She'd like me to compliment her excessively and perhaps talk about how she's better than me. That's not going to happen. She should know that, frankly.

No comments: