Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Actually, Mr. Loaf, two out of three IS pretty bad. But thanks for playing.

So, remember this post? Yeah. That one. About my shows. So, YAY! Friday Night Lights and Supernatural got renewed! And FNL will be moved to Friday nights as God and the title intended. Supernatural is still up against Grey's Anatomy, but Grey's and I might be breaking up, so I don't care that much. Yay, my love affair with the Panther's football team and the hotness of the Winchester men can continue!!

But.

You know what isn't going to continue? Veronica Mars. Yes. They cancelled it. Fuckers. I'm so gonna miss this show. Sure, I'll have my dvds and maybe there'll be like, crappy tie-in novels or something, but it's not the saaaaaaaaaaame. Yes, there will be whining. Deal with it. It was one of the best shows on television, you guys! YOU GUYS! It was witty! It was dark! It was well-plotted! So, naturally, it got cancelled! Grrrr. Man, the pilot of that show was one of the best I'd ever seen. And most pilots suck. (I'm kind of looking at you, Supernatural. I may have turned it off 10 minutes in when it premiered. Heh.) Most shows take a few episodes to find their feet, but as long as you ignore the whole-Paris-Hilton-guest-starring-in-episode-two, Veronica Mars kicked ass right out of the gate. Damn. Now I have to dig out my dvds and rewatch the pilot. Ah, here comes one of my favorite lines from Veronica's best friend/partner-in-(Really. NO, really!) crime, Wallace: You really think I’m gonna let you get away with that? That might play with the masses. But underneath that angry-young-women-shell, there’s a slightly less angry young woman who’s just dying to bake me something. You’re a marshmallow, Veronica Mars... Aaaand now I'm really pissed. Stupid television networks with their stupid selves.

But.

While I'm writing this bitter, bitter post, I'm currently watching Dog the Bounty Hunter on the phone with Mame while snacking on pretzels. What more could I want? (Don't answer that.) Heh.

P.S. Mame and I decided that there hasn't been enough Meat Loaf on our blog. We are going to remedy that. Oh yes, WE WILL. *cackles*

No comments: