Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally some news...or, crap it has been awhile

Well first the good news: tomorrow we might get an offer on the house. Our realtor called and told us that a man made an appointment with her to specifically write up an offer. I hope it A) doesn't fall through and B) isn't a shitty offer. Granted this damn house has been on the market forever, but there's only so far I can lower the price before I'm still paying a damn mortgage, ya know? For those who don't know: in July the fam and I moved to WV (where Beau is from) and into Beau's parent's house. Our house was put on the market and we went about our lives expecting the house to sell sometime in October. Look at your calendars; it's April and we're just now getting a bid (well, not yet, but PRAY WE DO). It's been a long, hard road. We've been living in the little apartment/attic area over my in-laws garage and I've been trying to maintain my sanity without the use of recreational drugs.
Other thangs going on:
  • I coach a middle school softball team that is now 4-1!! We rock!! It's a fun job, and the girls are so sweet; however, it is the reason I am never online anymore and can hardly find time to shower and shit each day.
  • Beau and I saw Adventureland yesterday. It was cute. I wouldn't call it a comedy in the sense that it starred Kristin Wiig and therefore I was expecting some SNL-slapstick-nish, it was more like Juno comedy or Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I loved all those movies, so I enjoyed it.
  • On the recommendation of many, I've started to read the Sookie Stackhouse books that the HBO series "True Blood" is based on. They are hilarious and wonderful all at the same time. It makes me long (even more) for when I have my own house and can watch whatever the hell I want on HBO. I'm about a third of the way through the first book, and I've had a hard time putting it down. It's an easy read and very entertaining.
  • I showed my class the newest Anne Frank movie starring Ben Kingsley as Otto Frank. It is BY FAR the best version of not only Anne's diary, but her biography I've ever seen. It had every student in every class crying at the end, and I teach some big, redneck boys, and some mean-looking footballers. Kingsley's portrayal of a father broken was so moving I almost called my own father to tell him I loved him. It was amazing. I highly recommend this movie to EVERYONE who is willing to listen to me, and that is a chore I don't take on easily.
  • Beau got our Xbox Live back!! I can now watch my Netflix on demand movies!! I've discovered "The Whitest Kids U'Know" and I've finished the series "Head Case" both of which are so hilarious they deserve their own entry (forthcoming, promise!).

Looking ahead:

  • More rain in lovely West Virginia, so a lot of the softball games have been cancelled. Maybe I'll have more time to write!!
  • Glow and I are traveling up to Jersey to be with Joan, et. al. during Easter. We're making an adventure of it and driving up to visit "Two of Hearts" and then going the rest of the way the next day. Glow is a good traveller, we'll see how it goes.

Keeping the ideas featured in "The Secret":

  • OUR HOUSE WILL SELL TOMORROW!!

3 comments:

Doug Jeffreys said...

Hmmmm. . . stuck in an attic in West Virginia. . .sounds like the perfect setting for a psychotic slasher, maybe I'll drop by.

Bea said...

I love that version of Anne Frank. Great movie.

Sorshanik said...

I'm half done the first Sookie Stackhouse series book, as well. While it started out a little slow, I find the further in I get the more I am eating it up. It's pure, unadulterated, fictional crack for my mind.

I enjoyed the first season on the show True Blood, too. But that's another review all together...