Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mini-Television Review: "Sons of Anarchy"

Why did none of you tell me that I needed to watch Sons of Anarchy*? WHYYY? BW alerted me to the fact that Henry Rollins** has joined the cast. So, naturally, I tuned into the season premiere reairing tonight. Oh, Henry. Another role where you play a rapist? Why? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME? AND TO MAME? AND YOU'RE A WHITE SUPREMACIST TOO? WHYYYYYY!?

Ahem.

So, it seems like a decent show. Damn, Katey Sagal looks good for her age. Go Katey! And hellooo, Charlie Hunnam and Charlie Hunnam's ass! What a great cast! I think I'll tentatively pick this show up for the season.

*I'm fully aware of the fact that my brother, my dad, possibly my Uncle V, Dan Mac (I think? Didn't you?) and the guy I chat with at the library about movies have all told me that I really should watch Sons of Anarchy and I ignored them for a year. Bygones.

**Mame and I have a long-standing crush on Henry Rollins. We looooooooove him. We want to maaaaarry him. We want to have 10,000 of his baaaaaaaabies. We've sat through Johnny Mnemonic, Morgan's Ferry and many tapes of his spoken word shows (But those are actually GOOD). Our love is pure, ok? But he was in Lost Highway and that makes up for a lot.

2 comments:

Dan Mac said...

I wrote about Sons early on, when I was still lukewarm to it, before the first season found its legs. It got way better at the end (I skipped the middle), so I was looking forward to this season's premiere, and wow did it not disappoint.

I had meant to write a 'heads up' before last week, but never got around to it.

Bea said...

I don't think I'll bother catching up on season one, that's what recaps on the internet are for. But it seems like a good time!

I'm glad that I had a warning about what was going to happen in the 2nd season premiere because...DAMN.