Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This American Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Ok, NPR junkie over here, right? My favorite podcast is This American Life. I have such a crush on Ira Glass, you guys. (Ira! Call me! We have so much in common! I have nerdy glasses too! We could be SOUL MATES!) Frequently, the show makes me cry. Like last week's segment about the daughter who went to prison to be with her mom, who was serving time for murder. (No, Mom. I'm not going to go to prison if you should ever go. I don't CARE if that makes me a bad daughter, ok? I have a delicate constitution!) Anyway, I love it a lot. So, this week's show is titled "Another Frightening Show About The Economy." I was excited to listen to it so maybe I could finally understand what's going on. I had a lot of data entry-type stuff to do at work that requires approximately 1/4 of my brain, so perfect timing, right?

Oh my GOD, YOU GUYS. I almost fell asleep! Not even the This American Life staff could make that stuff REMOTELY interesting to me. Except for vague feelings of impotent anger that I occasionally felt a twinge of, I WAS SO BORED.

Ugh, maybe if someone could explain it with songs and dance sequences? I feel really stupid right now...

2 comments:

Dan Mac said...

Do you read the Freakonomics blog? I've found their coverage informed and objective, and highly intelligent but still accessible.

Bea said...

Thanks for the tip! I will check that out. I'm betting there's no economics with jazz hands over there either. :(

Heh.