Sunday, August 3, 2008

Phase II - Settling In

I can't fix the cable. Apparently they are working on updating the system that we run on. They "say" it will be updated regularly and we'll start noticing new channels all the time, but they don't know in what order. Whatever.

I still don't have a job. There are about 85 steps needed to get a job. I am on step, like, five. It doesn't matter that I have experience, it doesn't matter that how qualified I am; if don't go through the 85 steps in the correct order, I won't get hired. I'm working on it, but transcripts cost money, getting finger-printed costs money, ordering my test scores from 2002 costs more money, etc. It's going to take awhile.

Our house in North Carolina still hasn't sold. In fact, it hasn't been shown in about a month. I'm starting to worry. We can check our realtor's website and see how many 'hits' our house gets daily, which means someone had to click on our house to view the details; we're still getting hits which is good, but nothing has turned into an offer yet. Agnes got an offer on her house today. I might be a bit jealous.

Beau loves his job. The base pay is quite a bit more than he was making; however, he hasn't started to make sales which is where the good money is. He's been down in the dumps about it even though we both know that it takes time to get set up in a new sales area.
Glow Bug is officially potty trained. He's too cute about it and it makes me a little sad that he is becoming more and more independent of me and Beau.

More to come later.

I am going to tomorrow to try and circumnavigate the 82 steps remaining and just bombard some principals with my awesomeness.

In honor of the ideas in the book, The Secret:
I WILL GET JOB
I WILL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE IN WEST VIRGINIA
MY HUSBAND WILL BE SUCCESSFUL

No comments: