Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Horrible Morning...or "Already?!"

If you look at the time/date stamp on this post you will notice that it is 9:27 AM on Tuesday (or thereabouts because of how long it's going to take me to rant and rave about this). Every day I take the highway to work - it's fast and efficient; however, today I decided to take the back road so that I could stop at McDonalds for a sweet tea and parfait (shut up). I'm cruising along, laughing to my morning radio show when I notice the familiar blue lights behind me. It has been a long time since I've been pulled over, so I paniked and pulled over. The police officer was on a motorcycle and was SO NICE. I handed him a handful of papers that included my registration, my license, my insurance cards, my old registration, my old insurance cards, my employee ID, and apparently some reciepts. He laughed and said, "You don't get pulled over much do you? That's a good thing. Don't worry about it, I'll sort through all this." As I apologized and tried to take the stack of goods back.

He explained that they are trying to crack down on speeders in a rural area because they've had some neighborhoods complain. MY NEIGHBORHOOD WAS THE ONE TO COMPLAIN!! I *practically* SPEARHEADED THAT CAMPAIGN!! Beau and I are always complaining about speeders in that area, and I'm the one that gets caught! Whatev. He was very nice and gave me a ticket and alluded to the fact that someone at my workplace might be able to help me out *wink*wink* He praised me on my clean record and that I could always ask for a 'prayer of judgement' and the court would give it to me no problem. Basically, it means that I won't get a ticket again for two years or else I will pay for that ticket AND this one AND any interest, etc. I'll see what I can do about that.

Then I get to work, late. Whatever it's excused because I show them my ticket. I get laughed at. Screw you. I get to my room, log on to the computer and get set up for the day. When I check my email I notice that I have a message to fill out a survey for my exit interview with the county. Whaaa? In case you didn't know, I am leaving my current post as head guard, I mean teacher of innercity youth and transferring to a new post of an actual TEACHER. I'm not leaving the county, I'm just transferring to a new school. It's going to be the same employer. So I call the person who sent me the email and she says, "Oh, did you fill out form E44 by accident?" I tell her that no, I did not fill out any forms except for the transfer form that was approved of by my boss and my new boss. She says, "Huh, I wonder why you got that email then? It's just computer generated." I tell her that makes me nervous, that the computer thinks I am resigning. She replys with, "Yeah, that is weird. Let me check on it and I'll get back to you. What's your name again?" She could care less. I give her my name and after a few minutes of back and forth between how to spell my name and which of the two people with my last name I am exactly, she hangs up. I email my new boss and his assistant, assuring them that I am still gung-ho for my new position, but I recieved this weird email and yadda yadda yadda.

Now I'm sitting here sweating and still paniking. I've got a nervous twitch about my future job, a speeding ticket in my back pocket, and I never got my sweet tea!!! I'm loosing my damn mind.

No comments: