Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Damn You, Styx. DAAAMN YOOOU!

So, I had the following conversation with my dad, or as I like to call him now: Homer, DESTROYER OF HOPES AND DREAMS.

Bea: I was telling Mame the other night that my life's dream is to tour with Styx and sing back-up on "Renegade."
Homer: So, you want to tour a lot of state fairs?
Bea: Heh. As long as I get to sing on "Renegade." I don't care about any other song. Someone else can sing on "Babe" and "Come Sail Away."

Later, while my cd is actually playing "Renegade:"

Bea: See! This part! This could be me!
[what sounds like at least three women singing "Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law. Lawman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long!"]
Homer: Um, BB*? Those are NOT girls singing back-up. That's Styx.
Bea: No! Those are girls!
Homer: No, hon. It's not.
Bea: Those are girls with teased hair and short, black dresses!
Homer: No, Tommy Shaw just has a REALLY high voice.
Bea: Damn it.

*Homer calls me by a diminutive of my name, as does most of my family. Only Homer does it WHEN HE CALLS ME AT WORK AND ASKS FOR ME, THUS CAUSING MY COWORKERS TO MOCK ME.

**I've made my obsession with this song clear in a previous post. It's really good! And was brilliantly used in episode 2.12 of Supernatural, "Nightshifter." I'm sure that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with my affection for it. Ahem. Shut up.

No comments: