Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Most Important Query.

My fellow bloggers/readers, please help settle a disagreement between Sorsha and myself. What is the funniest movie ever: Airplane! or Spaceballs?

Now, I understand you may have another movie that is not one of the two aformentioned films that you (incorrectly!) deem Funniest. Movie. Ever. I ask that you please refrain from choosing one of those. I will put up a post for that later, I promise. For now, I want to settle the Airplane! vs. Spaceballs Death Match. Thank you for your time.

If you read this blog, please ring in with your vote. This is perhaps the first major disagreement that Sorsha and I have had! Oh, and I won't mention just yet who prefers which movie as I don't want to inappropriately influence your vote. (Though if you know me reasonably well, you probably already know where my loyalty lies!)

6 comments:

Dolly said...

Ah, my dear Lady Bea. This is an easy peasy vote for me. I, of COURSE, will answer that between the two choices, SPACEBALLS is the funniest!! How can you not love the Star Wars spoof? There are far too many scenes of uproarious laughter to mention them all here. I am trying to think of which is my fav but I can't pin one scene down. I absolutely MUST go watch this one again...

Dolly

Doug Jeffreys said...

This isn't even a contest. Airplane is by far the funnier movie. This movie was made when the Zuckers and Abrahms were at the apex of their comedic brilliance. Spaceballs on the other hand was done well on the down slope of Mel Brooks' career.
When I saw Airplane I literally laughed till I cried. I actually had to watch it again to hear the stuff I missed while laughing the first time.
When I went to see Spaceballs I was expecting so much more, It had some funny moments but it just didn't deliver

jlrpuck said...

Um, DUUUUH, Airplane! is the funniest movie ever. It also benefits from being the single most quote-able one, too. "I like my coffee black--like my men." "The fog is getting thicker/and Leon is getting laaaaaaaaarger." "I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines/sniffing glue." "What do you make of this?/Well, you can make a hat, or a broach, or a pterodactyl!" And on and on and on. BEST MOVIE EVER.

EGT said...

Airplane.

(Shortest comment I've ever left!)

Sorshanik said...

SPACE BALLS, damn it! Airplane rocks, don't get me wrong. But it is slightly LESS funny than Space Balls. Stop this madness! I know more people who quote Space Balls than Airplane. Mel Brooks is a genious. His record proves it.

And the argument contiues...LOL

Sid said...

Dumb and Dumber, Duck Soup, Airplane, Blazing Saddles...GREAT movies and funny EVERY time. Spaceballs is just silly and not really that great. It should not even be in the top 10 funny movies of all time. Sorry, dude.

http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/laughs.aspx