Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Damn You, Journey!!!

Ha ha ha, sick of us yet? TODAY IS THE DAY WE POST LOTS. Enjoy that.

Anyway, I had an appointment with my chiropractor today because my back was kind of sore and I'm trying to avoid the thing where my back locks up and I walk around like Quasimodo. I mean, it's fun for everyone else, but I don't enjoy it. Plus, ow.

So, I'm lying on my stomach on the table while some...ultrasound thing is working its magic on my back. And over the radio? Comes "Don't Stop Believin'!" THIS SONG IS STALKING ME. I start giggling. The nurse pokes her head in, "Um...everything ok in here?" Because generally, chiropractics do not inspire giggles. I tell the nurse that it would be torture for me if someone played this song and told me I couldn't sing along. So, I sang along for the variously injured and their caretakers. It was fun.

Seriously, I hear that song everywhere I go. Mame and I heard it when she was visiting over Easter and we were standing in line at the Salad Works. I'm sure the crew there will never forget our rendition...

5 comments:

Sorshanik said...

Mine is that damn Rush song "Tom Sawyer", except I LOATHE it and it stalks me. I wanted to file a PFA against it and the band last time but the cop thought I should just go home and take my meds...jerk.

Bea said...

I HATE Rush. I thought I was the only one. "YYZ" is ok, but everything else...ick.

SOLIDARITY!!! (When are you coming baaaaaaack?)

Sorshanik said...

I LOATHE Rush. Down with Rush!

ETA 8am on 6/2.

Auntie Mame said...

Here's the thing about Rush. Their songs start out OK, and I def. think that their drummers are amazing, but in EVERY SONG they suddenly take a turn and the song becomes in-fucking-sane. It annoyes me because I like my songs to have coherent lyrics that make sense.

Sorshanik said...

I wish I could get past the first few minutes of a Rush song before the voices start saying "kill, kill, kill!" Thank god for always carrying my iPod with me so I can seek the solice of my ear buds to shut the voices up!