Monday, December 11, 2006

First post! Or maybe second!

[Edited to add: We were really stupid and didn't know that we could have more than one "Author" on a blog. So, the name at the bottom of the post says "Mame" but is really Bea. Oh well, live and learn.]

So anyway...we started a blog. Together. No, we aren't lesbian life-partners. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, blah blah blah...) I'm Bea. She's Auntie Mame. Don't ask. Well, you can ask, but the answer is long and complicated. And sort of stupid. AM and I have been friends for 12 years. Well, mostly. We met during drama club auditions (She'll argue this point. Because she's a bitch. Ahem.). I so wasn't auditioning. She totally was. That's probably a metaphor for our personalities or something. Whoa. Deep. We just decided, literally, 20 minutes ago that we should start a blog together. Given how this post is going, I'm not sure why. Heehee. But, she is the Turk to my J.D., the Jay to my Silent Bob, the Marianne to my Elinor...I could go on. And will at some length.

About me: I'm a 27-year old Jersey girl (I don't mind being called a girl as long as it's not from some guy making licky motions) who works in social services, but has ambitions of someday being a cranky librarian. I've got the glasses! I'm loud, sarcastic, neurotic and liberal. But those are just my good qualities.

Stay tuned to this space for our wacky adventures! There will be flailing! And cursing! It's sure to be...something!

No comments: