Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mini Movie Review: Up

Go see Up. Go see it tomorrow or better yet, tonight. Find a small child or an elderly person and take them. It is a most excellent movie for children and the elderly. It is also a most excellent movie for people who have pulses. If you don't have a pulse, well, sorry about that.

Seriously, it is the best movie EVER. It made me laugh and cry. I cried 15 times, at least. I am a huge baby*. Up is the kind of movie that exhilarates you and reminds you of why movies are made in the first place**.

*Why do I cry at EVERYTHING lately? Is this something that happens when you turn 30?


**I want a talking dog. One who tells stupid jokes about squirrels. The talking dogs were my favorite. And I am not generally a talking animal kind of person. Up melted my cynical, hates-talking-animals-and-joy heart. It's just THAT good.

4 comments:

Sorshanik said...

Umm...I thought everyone wanted a talking dog? Duh! :>)

EGT said...

I am not yet 30 and still cry at everything, so I don't think that's the trigger.

Doug Jeffreys said...

I saw a talking dog once. OK, he didn't actually talk, it was more like mumbling under his breath. But you really got the idea he was just disgusted with everything.

Sorshanik said...

I know that dog. His sister lives down the road from me. She whistles for her master and he comes a running! Weird.